Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Teacher

Jesus said, "Go into the city to a certain one, and say to him, `The Teacher says, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at your house with my disciples'" (Matthew 26:8).

A specific instruction was given by the Lord to His disciples. He wants them to take action that will lead them to a certain person who has regarded Jesus as his Teacher. This person although not named in the bible is a true believer of Christ for he willingly opened his house for the Lord. He is a friend of God!

Whatever his Teacher says, he obeys unselfishly.

Friendship with the Lord is a relationship that requires continues learning and obedience. You must unselfishly give up all things that matters to you and allow God to fill you up with new things. Only then will you experience the awesome greatness of God's presence in your own dwelling place.


Lord, thank you for your word that teaches me everyday.

I open up my house to you today so that you may dwell in it. Fill this house with grace and blessings and use it for your greater glory and honor.

This house and all that is in it is yours for you alone is the giver of all things!