Monday, September 18, 2023

Friendship of the Lord

The friendship of the Lord is with those who fear Him, 
and His covenant, for their instruction. 
PSALM 25 : 14


The Lord is the strength of His people, the saving refuge of His anointed (Ps 28:8). God wills everyone to be saved and to come to knowledge of the truth. For there is one God. There is also one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as ransom for all (1 Tim 2:4-6). 

Jesus said, "You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. This I command you, to love one another." (Jn 15:14-15,17)

I charge you before God, who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus to keep the commandment without stain or reproach until the appearance of our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Tim 6:13-14). Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teach and admonish one another in all wisdom, and sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs with thankfulness in your hearts to God (Col 3:16). Lead a quiet and tranquil life in all devotion and dignity. This is good and pleasing to God our savior. (1 Tim 2:2-3)

I have dealt with all that Jesus began to do and teach (Acts 1:1). That the blessed and only ruler will make manifest at the proper time, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, and whom no human being has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal power. Amen. (1 Tim 6:15-16)

To this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of His call, and may fulfil every good resolve and work of faith by His power, so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ (2 Thes. 1:11-12) . 

Lord, hear the sound of my pleading, when I cry to you, lifting up my hands toward your holy shrine. (Ps 28:2). Save Your people, and bless Your inheritance; feed them, and carry them forever! (Ps 28:9)